Fun and Games with your Dog
PawsAbilities was packed full of happy dogs. Everywhere we looked, there were wagging tails and dogs making new friends. There was something fun for every dog and their family to do, whether it was competing in the Dog Olympics, jumping into a pool of water, watching a flyball demo, or buying some new, delicious treats. What did you and your dog do?
Fmr. Capt. Luis Montalván and his Service Dog Tuesday
This year, we welcomed Luis Montalván, bestselling author of Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him, and his service dog Tuesday to PawsAbilities. In two special presentations, Luis shared his experiences as a veteran returning to civilian life and the impact service dogs can make in people’s lives. “Dogs are life-changing,” he said.
Thank you to Luis and Tuesday for joining us for PawsAbilities!
- Dog Olympics
- There were lots of canine Olympians at PawsAbilities! These dogs ate everything on their plate in Clean Plate Club, crawled under the limbo stick in Doggie Limbo, and tested their ability to lay down in Marathon Down.
- WestWind Air Dogs
- All dogs had a chance to fly this year, thanks to WestWind Air Dogs and WestWind Kennels. Dogs could try dock jumping, a canine sport that involves running down a dock and leaping as far as possible into a pool of water. There were lots of happy, splashing dogs surrounding the pool!
- Stage Demonstrations
- You don't want to miss the demonstrations and presentations on the PawsAbilities stage! This year, we're welcoming Luis Carlos Montalván, author of the New York Times Best Seller Until Tuesday, and his dog Tuesday to the stage. More information will be coming soon!
- Costume Contest
- Every year, the costumes get more creative. This year, we saw dogs dressed as spaghetti and meatballs, a triceratops, a tiger, and Dr. Suess's Thing One and Thing Two.
- You could buy almost anything imaginable for your dog from our wonderful vendors! Dog treats, leashes, collars, bones, artwork, photography, jewelry, and more.
Thank you to everyone who joined us for PawsAbilities 2014! Thank you to our sponsors and volunteers! Without you, this event would not have been possible.
We hope to see you next year for another weekend of fun for you and your dog!